We offer you two different ways of identification so that you can carry out the process as conveniently as possible.
We recommend the VideoIdent procedure because it is conveniently possible from home and we receive confirmation of your identification in real-time.
With the VideoIdent procedure, a person checks your identification data via video call.
Please have the following ready when you start the process
- A device with an Internet connection and a camera and microphone. This can be a smartphone, tablet or computer/laptop. Please make sure you have a stable Internet connection, preferably via W-Lan.
- As a German citizen: Your current identity card or passport.
- As a foreign citizen: Your current passport. Additionally, we recommend a registration certificate.
- Good light conditions and a quiet environment.
After you have started the process via your dashboard, a video call with a PostIDENT employee will start. Please follow the instructions of the employee to complete the process.
Post office on site
With the PostIdent procedure on-site, your identity is verified at a Deutsche Post branch.
To do this, you must visit a Deutsche Post retail outlet during opening hours and have the following ready:
- As a German citizen: your current identity card or passport.
- As a foreign citizen: Your current passport or an identification document, provided it contains a photograph of the holder and is accepted by Deutsche Post for identification purposes.
- We also recommend a certificate of registration.
- The printed PostIdent-Coupon, which you will receive when you start the identification process in your dashboard